Thursday 11 August 2016

Introduction

Welcome to my site. Please join me on my journey to achieve big dreams on a less big budget.

This journey really started in 2011 with the purchase of my first fixer-upper house. It was a bank owned property and it was disgusting. The walls were black, the carpets were so stained you couldn't tell what colour they were supposed to be and when I went to turn the water on at the main I found out some of the plumbing was blown as water sprayed from every direction.

Step number one was a call to the plumber, as that is not something you want to be trying to diy with no experience, and step number two was a trip to the store for cleaning supplies. Lots of cleaning supplies.

The first few days were discouraging, but with the plumbing fixed and after lots of scrubbing I became more optimistic.

Over the next five years I met and married my husband, we renovated an entire house ourselves, welcomed our daughter and finally listed the house for sale.

In my upcoming posts I will feature before and after pictures of different parts of the house and detail the process to achieve the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment